We Are Back!!
With a few changes of course
* Update – August 8th, 2020 *
- Class sizes are being reduced to 9 children to 1 teacher.
- Parents, grandparents, etc. are not permitted in the building.
- Drop off/Pickup procedures will be discussed when your child’s teacher calls to introduce themselves.
- Unfortunately, there will be no parents’ night or open school.
- We will be doing a meet the teacher session on August 27th & 28th (new students only and by appointment only)
- Also, we will be asking parents to bring in school supplies. (See school supply list)
Preschool curriculum includes vocabulary development, reading comprehension, literature, writing strategies, writing applications, English language conventions, listening and speaking. Listening, talking, reading, and writing are all parts of early literacy learning—and they’re all connected.
Preschool math curriculum will be taught using lessons including interactive activities, learning games, printable worksheets, assessments, and reinforcement. Science activities pervade the early childhood curriculum studies, including nature (plants, animals, geology), cooking (chemistry), weather (wind, rain), and the environment (air, water, recycling), to name a few.
Research has shown that children stay healthier when they have daily outdoor play. Based on this information and state requirements, outdoor play will be included in our program on a daily basis. We will limit the amount of time outside when the temperatures are very warm or very cold. On days that outdoor play is not provided due to these conditions, we will include a time for indoor gross motor activities. Please send your children with the proper clothing so they may be comfortable and safe whenever we are outside.
Written parent/guardian permission is required for all trips. The only field trips we take at St. James Preschool are all within walking distance of the facility. Each teacher will have a list of the children with them so that children can be accounted for at all times; both at the school and at the destination.
What Our Families are Saying
Anthony loves going to school here. The staff is great. I love hearing all about his day when I get home. Highly recommend this preschool.
This is our first year with St. JAMES and our son Maverick loves it. Mrs. Fisher & Mrs. Hewitt have been wonderful. I love hearing everything he has learned after the day is over. I highly recommend this school.
Love! Absolutely made the transition for my children from out of state into a smooth and happy experience. Highly recommend!!